Labels

Thursday 21 April 2016

Trip to Ireland - 10th April by Albert Capdevila

IRELAND 2016
Sunday 10th April

On 10th April I woke up at 6:30 because the bus left from Reus at 6:45. When I was at the airport I had breakfast and after a while, I passed the passport control with my passport and my boarding card.

At 10:45 the plane left Reus. I stayed 2 hours in the plane. When I arrived in Dublin a bus was waiting for us to go to the hostel called Paddy Palace. We left our luggage in our bedrooms and we went to visit Dublin city. First of all, I went to have lunch in a beautiful park near our hostel.

In the afternoon I visited the different famous places of Dublin but first I went to a supermarket to buy the toiletries as I can't pass liquids at the airport. 

Some of the places we visited are: the famous Parnell street where there are lots of theatres till we found the tall Spire, a kind of giant silver needle in O’Connell Street that can be seen from everywhere in the city.

We walked along Temple Bar area with lots of pubs, terraces and a lot of people walking, talking and having a drink in pubs with live music. We visited the famous Ha’Penny Bridge. Later we passed by Trinity College and into Crafton Street, which is considered the most comercial street in Dublin with lots of performers in the street. We took some photos with them. We walked till the end where there were the Saint Stephen Green Park, a nice public park with a beautiful lake and lots of trees and flowers. There were some ducks, swans, squirrels and birds. We visited some scultures inside the park, like one devoted to the famine epydemy that Ireland suffered with the failure of the crop potato.

We had some free time to visit shops if we wanted to buy some souvenirs and we had to be at 8'00 pm at a meeting point in the O'Connell Monument. At night, I went to have dinner in McDonalds and there were some Irish guys who weren't very nice with us, but nothing happened. When we arrived at the inn we send some photos to the family and we went to sleep.


























No comments:

Post a Comment