Labels

Tuesday 5 February 2013

At the Restaurant: Dialogue 4 By Núria Güell, Anna Minguella, Patrícia Teixidó & Ivette Macià



AT THE RESTAURANT
- Hello. A table for three please.
- Perfect.
- Erm… do you think we could sit near the corner?
- I’m sorry, those tables are reserved.
- How about over there in the windows?
- Certainly.
- Ah... Could you get me the menu, please?
- Sure …
-  Can we have three cokes, please?
- Of course.
 

- Are you ready to order now?
- I would like the spaghetti, please.
- I will have today’s special.
- I will have a salad with Italian dressing.
- Very well.  ...   Any soup or starter?
- I will start with the fish soup.
- So will I.
- Me too.
- I am afraid we haven’t got any fish soup left. But I can recommend the onion soup.
- No, thank you.  Have you got chicken soup?
- Yes, of course. What will you have for main course?
- I will have steak.
- How would you like your steak cooked?
- Medium, please.
- I will have steak too.
- Medium, like her?
- Yes, thank you.
- I will have fish and chips.
- Right

- Excuse me, can we have the check please?

-Excuse me, this soup’s cold.
-I’m sorry about that, I’ll change it for you.

-Sorry, but I didn’t order this, I asked for the chicken soup, like them.
-I beg your pardon, I’ll change it immediately.
-Thank you.

-Here’s your lunch.

-Excuse me, excuse me, could I have a knife please.
-Certainly madam, I’ll be right back.

-- Here you are madams.
- - Thanks you very much. Erms… is service included?
- - Yes, madams, ten percent on the total.
- - Have a good day!

8 comments: