Labels

Tuesday 5 February 2013

At the Restaurant: Dialogue 4 by Iris Aixalà & Júlia Arbós






IN A CAFÉ  
  • Hello Madame
  • Hello
  • Can I help you?
  • Yes, can I have a coffee, please?

  • Yes, regular or decaf?
  • Decaf, please.
  • With Milk or cream?
  • Milk, please.
  • Anything else?
  • Erm… how much are the brownies?
  • 2.45
  • I’ll take one please.
  • That’s ₤4.35.
  • Thank you.
  • Here’s your change.
  • Thank you very much.

IN A RESTAURANT

  • Excuse me, how much are the sandwiches?
  • Rolls are ₤2.50, ham salad sandwich £3 and ₤3.25 for toasted cheese and ham.
  • I’ll have a toasted cheese please.
  • Anything to drink?
  • Erm..yes, I’ll have a Coke, please. Oh, and a chocolate ice-cream.

Five minutes later....



  • Please, waitress!
  • How can I help you?
  • Can you give me an other coke?
  • Of course madame.
  • Thank you.

Twenty minutes later....

  • Waitress!
  • How can I help you madam?
  • Can you give me the bill?
  • Of course! It’s £4.80 please.
  • Sorry, what have you said?
  • It's 4.80 Please.
  • Thanks, have you got any napkins?
  • Yeah sure, over there next to the straws.
  • Thank you.

9 comments: