Labels

Monday 11 March 2013

Giving Directions: Dialogue 5 Júlia & Iris







DIRECTIONS 

Júlia:  Erm.. excuse me, er.. do you know where Big Ben is from here?
Iris:     You aren’t English, aren’t you?
Júlia: No, I am not.
Iris: I thought so. It’s your accent. I love your accent. Where are you from?
Júlia: Well… I am a tourist, I’m from Catalonia.
Iris: I’ve always wanted to visit Catalonia, but my boyfriend doesn’t travel. He’s afraid of flying.
Júlia: Really...
Iris: The Big Ben is near here, you just have to turn left and go ahead you will see inmediatly.
Júlia: OK, thank you very much.
Iris: You’re welcome.
Júlia: Bye miss.
Iris: Bye!



SHOPPING

Júlia: Excuse me.. er.. , have you got this T-shirt in a medium size, please?
Iris: Er.. Which one?
Júlia: The blue and white... er... the patterned one I mean.
Iris: Ok, eh.. just a second, I’ll have a look. Yes, here you are.
Júlia: Thanks, can I try it on ?
Iris: Yeah sure, the changing rooms are over there.
Júlia: Thanks very much.

Ten minutes later...

Iris: Does it fit you okay?
Júlia: Yes, I’ll take it. It is gorgeous.  Have you got these jeans in my size, please?
Iris: Erm.. What size are you?
Júlia: Er.. 44 waist.
Iris: Er.. 44 waist…. let me see… Sorry miss., I haven’t got them in this size. Do you want to try another one?
Júlia: Ok, don’t worry... I’ll just take the shirt.
Iris: Okay that’s fine, the cash desk is right over there, madame.
Júlia: Thank you very much.
Iris:     You are welcome, lady. Have a nice day!
Júlia: Thank you, madam. Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment