Labels

Monday 17 December 2012

At the hotel: Dialogue 3 by Noemí & Òscar



CHECKING IN
O: Good morning.
N: Good morning. My name is Noemi Sans and I would like to check in, please.
O: Right, Ms. Sans. Do you have a reservation?
N: Yes, I do.
O: We don’t have a reservation for anyone named Sans...
N: Are you sure? I made it about two weeks ago.
O: Oh, I’m sorry. Here it is. Noemi Sans,  from Les Borges Blanques.
N: Yes, that’s right.
O: You’re requested a non-smoking room.
N: Yes. Do you have any one?
O: Of course. The room has a king-size bed and a safety deposit box.
N: Good. When we do the check out? Do you accept credit cards?
O:Twelve noon.  Yes, we do. Which one do you have?
N: American Express.
O: Yes, that’s fine. If you want me to give me the card details we can charge the amount in your account at the end of your stay.
N: Ok. Here it is my credit card.
O: Thank you very much for your help. Here’s your key. You’ll be in room 224 on the second floor.
N: Thank you very much.
O: You are welcome. Have a good stay.

REPORTING  A PROBLEM
O: Reception, can I help you?
N: Yes, I’m Noemi Sans in room 224. I need broadband for my computer.
O: No problem. Just plug the Internet cable into your computer, and you’ll have Internet to surf.
N: That’s a problem. My laptop hasn’t Internet port, it’s wireless only.
O: Hmm. Well, we have some alternatives, if you’re interested.
N: Yes, please. Tell me about the alternatives.
O: We have a computer lab on the first floor.
N: That’s great! How much is it?
O: It’s absolutely free for our guests. Except for printing, of course.
N: What about the other alternatives?
O: You could use your wireless laptop with the wi-fi  right here in our lobby.
N: And if I need to print there?
O: Well, we don’t have a printer in the lobby yet. You’ll have to use the computer lab.
N: OK. Thanks.

ROOM SERVICE
O: Room service?
N: Good morning. This is room 224. I’d like some breakfast, please.
O: Right. What can I do for you?
N: I’d like some grapefruit juice, marmalade, two scrambled eggs with two sausages, toast, and a pot of black coffee, please. How long will it take?
O: Just a few minutes, Mrs. Sans
N: Great. Thank you.

CHECKING OUT
O: Good morning. Can I help you?
N: Yes, I’d like to check out now. My name’s Sans, room 224. Here’s the key.
O: One moment, please. Here’s your bill. Would you like to check and see if the amount is correct?
N: What’s the ten pounds for?
O: That’s for the phone calls you made from your room.
N: Can I pay everything  by credit card?
O: Yes, of course.
N: Here you are. I wonder if you could book me a taxi to the airport?
O: Yes. What time is your flight?
N: The flight takes off at 8:00 p.m.
O: The taxi will be waiting outside in five minutes. Here is your receipt, Mrs. Sans. Thank you. Have a good trip.
N: Thank you. Good bye.







7 comments: